Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Podcast

This is what I am going to read. I wrote this as if I was going first, so if you would will you continue talking after I have talked about social bookmarking at the end.

Hello, I am here today to inform you on some of the aspects that we have been working on in class over the past several weeks. First of all, we have begun our Recycling Unit and we are having great success. We have complete several lessons on recycling which included the “The Life of Trash” and a “Recycling Attitude Survey.” I would like to say thank you to everyone who completed a Recycling Attitude Questionnaire and thank you for helping the students turn those 10 questionnaires in. Through these lessons and several others our students have been practicing project-based learning. This type of learning in intended to get deep thoughts and knowledge from the students. Technology is often used to help students generate questions and formulate ideas. This has become a very successful part of our classroom during the Recycling Unit. We have been to the computer lab multiple times and we will continue to use computers and other forms of technology as we continue our journey.
Another aspect that I would like to bring to your attention is all the fun recycling ideas that we have or will learn about in class. For starters, we have been discussing the “Expanding and Exploring of Recycling” regularly. This has sort of been the staple of the entire unit. We have even taken a few virtual field trips during this part of class. With budgets being cut we have used technology and specifically virtual field trips to explore the world. We took a virtual field to a junk yard in just 20 minutes and no one had to get out of their seats. We have also discussed things like the process of recycling and they way things can be reused. We have found very innovative and creative ways to reuse everyday items.
Another aspect that I would like to bring to your attention is social bookmarking. Social bookmarking is a way to organize and share internet pages, so that they can be easily accessed. I am currently working to incorporate a social bookmarking page on my website. I will let everyone know immediately when this is complete because it will give you and the students some great Internet websites; not only for recycling but for all subjects. I am also going to take parent suggestions, so if you find an appropriate and informative website let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment